EDR (endpoint detection and response) is an endpoint security system that detects, investigates, and responds to cyber attacks.
By capturing granular endpoint activity and monitoring for signals of malicious behavior, EDR systems provide better insight into what’s going on on endpoints. If the EDR technology identifies any of these harmful signals, it will give security analysts the knowledge they need to perform reactive and preventive threat investigations, reducing the effect of an attack.
An EDR security system’s primary functions are to:
- Endpoint activity data that potentially indicate a danger should be monitored and collected.
- Analyze the data to find trends in the threats.
- Detect risks and automatically respond to eliminate or contain them, as well as inform security professionals.
- To investigate risks and look for suspicious activity, forensics and analytical techniques are used.
What Should You Look for in an EDR System?
Now that we understand why EDR is a must-have for today’s security stacks, the issue becomes: how do you locate the correct EDR solution for your business?
- Response Capabilities
- Isolation and Containment
- Visibility and Compatibility
JENLOR Can Help
If you have concerns regarding EDR tools, require staff training, or need assistance choosing, testing, and installing these tools in your environment, the security experts at JENLOR can assist you. Contact us today!